Friday, November 24, 2006

Beta Blogging in a Google World

Ok, I signed on tonight to wax poetic about Thanksgiving and discover that I had to join the Google network which has somehow consumed blogger.com. I don't keep up with these things and I still don't even know what "beta" means (on computers, videos or anything) but I will assume that this is a good change. I do use Google on a daily basis for a variety of queries, even to research available research. But I ask, is Google taking over the world? Maybe we should do everything in the future with Google mergers: grocery shopping, college applications, carpooling. I'm all for that! But there is something unnerving about being somehow consumed by an unseen entity, a limitless void of Google. Does this mean I've been Googled?

No comments: